Thursday, May 16, 2013

Little Details

There are times when I want to shoot something but may not know exactly what at the time.  As much as I aspire to travel the world and shoot everything that I see when I do get the chance to travel, I can find something to shoot even just in my own backyard.  It's the details that really count.  I love this light fixture in the left image here.  Something about it's elegance but wear, at the same time really captures my attention.  I'm also a big fan of The Chronicles of Narnia and whenever I see a lamppost that looks similar to this one, it reminds me of that magical story. Then we have a simple bench in the right image here.  It also is a bit worn but still very beautiful.  Benches, to me, are a symbol of relaxation.  We see them all the time at parks, around town, in buildings, off the street, and we tend to just pass by them but forget to actually take a moment and simply sit.  I was at a park the other day and saw a lovely bench in the shade and decided to make myself comfortable there.  As I sat, I took in the breeze and just relaxed.  Remember to appreciate the simple things in life, because you'll be surprised how those little details can mean so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment